24 August 2010

UK Papal Visit video attracts thousands more viewers than any UK 'Protest the Pope' video on youTube


Hello everyone! No weekly round-up this week, as I´m on holiday. But wanted to leave you with this amazingly profound and emotional  video created by Seminarian Guy Nevard, who I interviewed offline. Enjoy!



Who are you?
My Name is Guy Nevard and I have just been accepted for training for the priesthood and will be sent to Spain for my first year.

Why have you made this video?
I wanted to do something to publicise and prepare for the Papal visit, I thought why not make a video? Not knowing the first thing about video making I got to work. 
  
What´s your message?
I made a draft video about 2 minutes long, however, it didn't give much information about what was happening in the country when the Pope got here. At this point I got a friend of mine, Vincent Freely (who is in his second year at Cardinal Vaughn 6th Form) involved. It was good to have someone to bounce ideas off and for a second opinion. We got to work researching what the Holy Father was doing and finding pictures and videos of similar things he had done before.

Did you encounter many technical difficulties?
I got to work clipping, snipping and editing the footage until it all went seamlessly together. This was the gruelling bit because I would watch it and a piece of music would start too early or there would be a slight gap between transitions that didn't quite "flow". 

You chose some truly beautiful music...
Setting the music was one of the harder tasks since it's always the music that makes or breaks something like this, so it needed to fit. To start with we had very choral triumphal music which was emotionally stirring but it just didn't "fit". Eventually, I came across this piece of music and when I showed everyone they all agreed that it fitted perfectly. 

... and people´s reactions to your video?
I was really pleased when the video hit the 1000 mark and now it has reached over 4000, it´s just brilliant.
One of the things that we encountered was the negativity expressed towards the Papal visit, people would air there misconceptions they have about the church. In a way this was good because they could be put right, on the plus side the amount of positive feedback we have received is heart warming.


Thank you so much, Guy, for making this lovely video. I hope the rest of the UK will hear your voice, and feel your prayer through this video loud and clear. 

You can watch the video directly on youtube by clicking here.

No comments: