21 September 2010

Response to 'The ‘People’s Pope’ made one thing clear: he wants an empowered laity'

Anna Arco, of Catholic Herald, wrote a wonderful article on the role of laity, based on many of the things Pope Benedict XVI said at his addresses. I highly recommend the read, and in particular, recommend reading the comments that have been shared, by people possibly returning back to the faith :) You can find the article just here: (http://is.gd/fl4Ta)

My instant reaction to this was that I'm so pleased Anna had included Pope Benedict's words in the article. Then I thought... it's just the article that so many people will need to read right now! Then third, I thought I'd show my support, by commenting with the following:

Anna, wonderful article! Thank you for writing it.

There is just so much going on for Catholics to get involved in! All it takes, is that one small step to finding out what goes on, and making that initial communication. The internet, will these days for most people, be the first area of research  for this - but that is just writing on a screen that you wouldn't truly be able to engage with. The best thing to do, is to talk to other active Catholics! We aren't scary people and we don't bite! AND... we're everywhere. Even on Twitter. We're pretty clued up about activities in our local parishes and nationwide, so there are activities and events aplenty for all every seeking soul - all one needs to do is ask an active Catholic :) Of course, being active is sometimes not possible for everyone (like people with young families, the disabled community, the destitute), but Pope Benedict still asks every one of us to live our lives according to the Gospel with "integrity, fidelity and holiness". Nothing can ever stop you from praying.

If you're not the loud sort, then don't scream. One can still make their witness known to others by the example of their actions. We belong to a beautiful faith, and we have a beautiful leader, who is beseeching us to grow in it - for we can never ever do too much to please our Lord! :)

And, people, believe it or not, Pope Benedict XVI's message truly has been heard... for I've just been off the phone with someone who wants to become Catholic ;)

I truly encourage everyone interested, to print out ALL of the Holy Father's speeches, and reflect on them personally! There's something in there for everyone ;) (http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/breaking/2010/09/19/the-definitive-guide-to-the-papal-visit-2010/)

I shall continue to write my blog. I shall continue to embrace social media to achieve this "evangelisation of culture". And I shall continue to reach out to young people who wish to open their hearts to the love of God. Spreading the Gospel message through social media is but one way I actively fulfill my role as an ordinary Catholic lay, remain obedient to God's will, and 'rise to the challenge' given by my beloved Pope Benedict XVI. :)

So, I invite all people, in particular any young person, who feels there's room in your hearts to let God in, or to get more active, to begin that communication with any active Catholic! As a young Catholic, I'm all for meeting new people, and speaking openly about my faith. My twitter is @pilgrimclaz. Don't be afraid - I'm all cool, and human just like you.

If you read the other comments, you'll see that there are people interested in our faith :) My fellow Catholics, we have our work cut out for us... and we shouldn't be afraid to take on the challenge ourselves :) Let's keep this in our prayers! Oh... and 40 days for life is starting tomorrow! So keep that in your prayers too ;)

No comments: