03 February 2011

LISS Day 21

New identity

Reflections: Ezekiel 36:24-28 & Romans 5:5

Again with the Romans Chapter 5 thing! I LOVE IT!!! That is God, and God is good because God is Love! And I love Love ^_^ This chapter was singing to me the other night, and I have been pondering it ever since! Rejoice in the hope of the glory of God!
The heart of stone can be removed and replaced with a heart of flesh. Our new hearts give us the capacity to LOVE unconditionally. This makes us a whole new person... gives a whole new identity. I can't help but reflect on this passage:

"I ask each of you first and foremost to look into your own heart, think of all the love that your heart was made to receive, and also love it is meant to give, after all we were made for love. This is what the Bible means when it says that we are made in the image and likeness of God. We were made to know the God of love, the God who is father, son and Holy Spirit, and to find our supreme fulfilment in that Divine love that knows no beginning or end." Pope Benedict XVI's message to young people outside Westminster Cathedral on 18th September 2010. Please download the full speech here!


Oh tremendous, divine Love, You made me for LOVE. You planted in me a heart that beats full of life and love for You and for every soul who dwells in this earthly realm. Grant me a kindness, generosity, and graciousness that allows me to be a witness to Your mystical Love, and grant me patience, understanding and forgiveness when my heart threatens to become hardened if by human error love is not forthcoming to me. The source of all true love is in You through your Son, Jesus, and I pray for a blessing that my own human weakness does not take others away from Your perfect and unending Love. Take my new life, and use me as you wish to accomplish your designs upon the world.

No comments: