09 February 2011

LISS Day 27

New heart

Psalm 51:10-11 & Romans 5:5 (although I think y'all should read all of Romans 5!) are today's reflections.

For the converted, I ask you, to read more than just these passages. Read 1 John Chapter 4, and the whisper of each word will flood into your new heart and fill it to brimming with the Love of God! As John writes in verse 13, "This is the proof that we remain in him and he in us, that he has given us a share in his Spirit." [1 John 4:23]. We know of the perfect Love that John speaks of in this chapter, for through the Spirit, we received it in abundance, and we discovered the Truth that we so ardently believe. He made our hearts new... hearts of flesh, called to Love with as perfect a Love as we possibly can - the Love of sacrifice and selflessness. "My dear friends, let us love one another, since love is from God and everyone who loves is a child of God and knows God." [1 John 4:7] I have never before now, breathed in this book of the Bible. Gosh - I cannot believe the true treasures that the New Testament is filled with!!! I first become captivated by the book of Romans, and now I am filled with the life of this book of 1 John. God is so Good to me! We believe in the Truth that Jesus is the Son of God, and we ought to pray together that our testimony is not from us, but rather from God, whose testimony is infinitely greater than ours. With our new hearts, our selfless love puts God above ourselves. I ask you to pray for me and for one another, that as children of God, our hearts of flesh may never again return to becoming hearts of stone, but remain hearts that beat with life for God in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

For my brothers and sisters who want to open their hearts to receive God in Spirit, we journey with you, with love in our hearts for you. You are always in our prayers, and we pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for your conversion! I share with you my favourite song at the moment as we approach Valentines day. One day, every word of this song will be brought to life within you, and you will realise the tremendous gift of God's Love when He became incarnate of the Virgin Mary, became man, and died to save us from our sin. His sacrificial Love paid the price for our iniquity - is there any greater love than this? Pray with peace and love in your hearts, and He will come upon you! Ask the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, because she wants you to know her Son, and through her blessed mystery, she will lead you to Him through the Spirit of the Holy Trinity.


God of perfect Love, I thank you with all my body, soul and spirit for the Love you continuously pour out to me in Your Word. As I come to know your Word more over time, grace me with the Love I need to bring others to Your Love. Help me to become more selfless and less selfish and walk with me as I learn to live the word sacrifice. Renew the hearts of Your faithful, and enkindle in them the fire of Your Love... send forth Your Spirit!

No comments: