18 February 2011

LISS Day 35

A New Creation

The final day of the LISS scripture programme asks us to reflect on 2 Cor 5:17 and John 15:12-16

So it has been said... that all good things come to an end, but that is not the truth. The Truth is that "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." [John 3:16].
And so, my brothers and sisters, this is just the beginning for me. This is the start of my journey to eternal life with my Heavenly Father, Jesus His Son, the Holy Spirit, the holy family, and all the holy men and women united in heavenly communion. You might have stumbled upon a few days of this 35 day journey, and you have seen how imperfect I am, and how much I desperately need God in my life. Although I pray to Him for help not to sin again, I am but human, and I beg forgiveness from my merciful and loving Saviour in advance for those sins to come. And in Jesus, I have my hope.

Through this programme, I have found such treasure - particularly in the books of Romans, and 1 John. I trust that I would have eventually encountered these scriptures in God's time anyways, but it was God's Will that the Spirit filled me into glorifying God though The Word as a result of this programme. The breath of Life that whispers into my soul from the Good News of the new testament is nourishment that consumes my spirit with Light and Love. I hope that this will one day also happen for you if it hasn't already done, or if you don't already receive more from The Word than just food for the mind. His Word is our armour, and we must arm ourselves with the knowledge, wisdom and Truth of the Gospel. "Therefore, put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of Truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the Gospel of Peace. In addition to all this take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." [Ephesians 6:13-20]

I thank God for my small group leaders, that we have been able to share and encourage each other in our faith journeys. I thank God for all the speakers throughout the LISS programme, for in their talks, I have received such affirmation of my experiences over the summer. I thank God most of all for the Service Team's prayer, because it was only by the grace of the Holy Spirit, invoked in prayer, that I have received such strength when I needed it most during this difficult period of the heart for me. Where do I go from here? Well, I'm absolutely in love with the Good News right now! And I will continue to open my heart to the Spirit through the Word of God, but I will no longer blog my reflections. It is so fitting that the final scripture of the LISS programme mentioned above focuses on Jesus' commandment. And I truly believe in these passages from 1 John Chapter 5, which I encourage all of us to breathe into the deepest part of our souls:

"This is love for God: to obey His commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith" [verses 3-4]. "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His Will, he hears us. " [verses 11-14].

Stay true, stay faithful, stay blessed!
For God's Greater Glory

No comments: