04 February 2011

LISS Day 22

Co-heirs with Christ

Reflections: Romans 8:15-17 & Galatians 3:29

This one is a difficult one. But this could be because I had a difficult evening last night - my spirit and my heart were just in total disharmony with each other... as if they were at completely different ends of a spectrum I can not describe - I was not alright, and the feeling has lasted even up until now. The cross I carry is so much heavier than I ever imagined it would be. I can't wait to see Jesus at Eucharistic Adoration later... I need Him so much. That is so selfish of me. Normally I prefer to pray for everyone else but myself, offering a little of myself through my intentions, but recently, my prayers have been centred on begging God for strength for myself. It is very selfish. So many other people need my prayer, and there's me praying for myself. Even though I know He will give it unquestioningly, I do not deserve His compassion and mercy, for I did not show compassion in His time of need. I offer this selfish phase of my prayer up to God, and hope that subconsciously my intentions aren't bad.

The Word is so full of life. Kuba's talk last night was wonderful. Everything he said just sang of the Truth. Before my conversion, the Bible was 'just a bunch of stories' to me. But they are not stories now - they are the prayer that sustains the believer, the whispers that blow in the wind of the Breath of Life, the engravings on a cold stone wall that illuminate and come alive, leaving the wall and dancing around you. The Word is life's guide to healing and a literal build-up to the glorious Kingdom of God. With Christ, you and I are heirs of God, heirs to His Kingdom. We make up the one body of the Catholic Church. The Church is also the bride of Christ, who is to be cleansed and made holy [Ephesians 5:25-27]. We are joined in union with God in the most intimate ways possible... we are children of God. That makes us brothers and sisters. We are married to Christ because we belong within the Catholic Church... that makes us connected by marriage. We are Fathers and Mothers to one (or more!) who God has made in His image. We are carriers of the faith, witnesses to the Truth. Our family is huge - and we have many responsibilities toward our family in Christ. As Christ is our saviour, so are we now, members of His body [Ephesians 5:30-32] that remain on earth to bring God's promise to those who have lost their way. I believe this to be the Truth. If it is not, then God forgive me my misunderstandings.


Lord, though many, we are one body that remain here on earth to continue sharing in the Love you poured us through the precious blood of Your Son, Jesus. As I reach a new dawn in my spiritual life, grant me the grace through the Holy Spirit to do all within my power to love and care for Your children, both in the Church, and away from the Church.

No comments: