15 January 2011

LISS Day 1

Invitation

Today, our first day of the Life in the Spirit Seminar, I somewhat felt called to blog about it. Partly because I haven't bought myself a diary yet, and partly because every fruit borne out of God's Truth is worth shouting out about.

So, I pray:
Heavenly Father, You have invited me by way of Zyg and through the prayer of Your faithful children at Soulfood, to experience something indescribable. Your encounters are indescribable, that even the Saints struggle to put to words what Your encounter is truly like. The written word can not animate or bring to life the power of Your Love - except through the Bible, and those before me who were blind, but came to see; and the deaf, who finally came hear. In You, the dead were raised to new life. I believe this with all my body, soul and spirit, because You gave me Life that I never could have imagined or prepared myself for.

You did not create me to be perfect, Lord, and neither will I ever be... and so I accept my weaknesses as a sign of my own humanity, with a great desire to know You and love You better despite those weaknesses; offering it all up to You freely. With my whole heart, I'm sorry if I have missed Your call to me... if I have missed a particular path that You have wanted me to tread, a way You have wanted me to live. And so, my dearest Lord Jesus Christ in the divinity of the Holy Trinity, I open my heart to you, so that You may fill and consume me with your light and love again, as You have before. My way is not my way, until it is Your way. My life is not my life, until it is Your life. My spirit is not my spirit until it is Your Spirit. In You alone do I want to dwell... and because of this my Lord, I invite You to bring Your Life to my Spirit, so that my Spirit may live always for Your Life.

Today, we pray to invite Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit, to deepen our relationship with God. Other than the two scripture passages that I have reflected on, by the grace of God, I encountered another scripture passage, that screamed such joy and excitement within me, that I simply can't keep it to myself!
Jn 6: 62-63 "[Jesus said] What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life".
Aye! (I'm not Scottish, but I like saying that word!) It is the spirit that gives life... AMEN! In one Being with the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus are one God. I would not have come to know God's love without the Holy Spirit; of that I am sure! Someone once described to me that I experienced a Baptism in the Holy Spirit. How unworthy I am to even accept Jesus at the Sacrifice of the Mass... let alone be chosen to be Baptised in so glorious a way!

I guess that is why I was led by the almighty above to the blog image I have chosen to communicate any LISS related blogposts:
Jn 1: 32-33 And John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven and stay on him. I still did not know that he was the one, but God, who sent me to baptise with water, had said to me, "You will see the Spirit come down and stay on a man; he is the one who baptises with the Holy Spirit."
Mat 3:16-17 And Jesus, when he was baptised, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.






I ask, anybody who picks up on this post, to pray for me, for all the other LISS attendees, and all the leaders and organisers, that the Holy Spirit will touch give us Life throughout this season of LISS.

No comments: