20 January 2011

LISS Day 6

The Lord directs

Anyone who has walked El Camino, the Way of St. James, knows this for sure :) I myself, found Him on it.

My Grandaddy was known as a shepherd, it will be 3 weeks to the first year anniversary of his death [God save his soul]. It reminds me that in the tomb at the cemetery he is buried, all of the tombs have either an image of a Crucifix or the Blessed Virgin Mary's face on it. Grandaddy's is the unique one there, as the image on his tomb is that of Jesus as 'the good shepherd'. It's strange, as that area of North-Western Spain consists primarily of farmers and countryside, so I would have assumed more farmers would have an image like this on their tombs. God Bless my cousin who chose that image - the perfect one for Grandaddy's tomb.

Grandaddy's tomb in Bean, Vilasuso, Galicia, EspaƱa.
If I put the Lord always before me, then my paths shall have the best chance of being the right paths for me, as the Lord knows what is best for me.
Proverbs 16:9 'In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.'
Amen. Now that I have a Spiritual Director, I hope that this will be true in the Spiritual sense for me, if not in all the other areas of my being also.


Loving Lamb of God, You determined my steps for me before I was even formed in my mother's womb. I pray for the gift of right judgement, so that I may choose the right paths and courses for myself, by Your Holy Will.

No comments: